--> Sayadasite: Bit by bit

Multiple Ads

Search

Menu Bar

Bit by bit

Poem (Bit by Bit)

Bit by bit the splintered day has ended, (parts, to split)

The night is all in shreds. (a very small amount of something)

To each of us is given just as much

As we can carry. 

The spattering, singing drops of rain (Shower)

 Hold poison and immorality too. (Evil, Impurity)

 My eyes laugh, my heart Rains tears, (To fall)

 Such is the monsoon I’ve been granted. (The season when it rains)

 Whenever I’ve strained to know myself (Not friendly, uneasy)

 I’ve heard a chuckle, (to laugh quietly)

 As if someone within me spoke and said,

 In this game you’ll be foiled again. (Defeat)

 

 What does defeat mean, or waiting,

 When an endless trek is my allotted fate? (a long walk)

 When my heart was gifted to me, as companion, (a person with whom you spend a lot of time)

 An unrest walked alongside.(together with somebody)

Translated by Syed Sirajuddin

धीरे-धीरे बिखरा हुआ दिन ख़त्म हो गया,

रात पूरी तरह कट चुकी है.

हममें से प्रत्येक को उतना ही दिया गया है

जैसे हम ले जा सकते हैं.

 

बारिश की छिटकती, गाती बूँदें

 जहर भी पकड़ो और अनैतिकता भी.

 मेरी आँखें हँसती हैं, मेरा दिल आँसू बरसाता है,

 मुझे ऐसा ही मानसून मिला है।

 

जब भी मैंने खुद को जानने के लिए दबाव डाला है

 मैंने एक हंसी सुनी है,

 मानो मेरे भीतर से कोई बोला और बोला,

 इस गेम में आपको फिर से विफल कर दिया जाएगा।

 

हार का मतलब क्या है, या इंतज़ार का,

 कब एक अंतहीन यात्रा मेरे भाग्य में नियत है?

 जब मेरा दिल मुझे साथी के रूप में उपहार में दिया गया था,

 एक अशांति साथ-साथ चल रही थी।

 

No comments: