--> Sayadasite: Homographs

Multiple Ads

Search

Menu Bar

Homographs

Words that have the same spelling but have different meanings and sometimes different pronunciations as well.

Homograph

Sentence Example

Can

Salvia stored dry flowers in a can.

I am sure I can do it.

Date

Do you remember the date and year of our graduation?

I have two dates everyday in the morning on an empty stomach.

Band

The band played at the inaugural ceremony of the award function.

Bibin tied a friendship band for his brother.

Saw

My father needed a saw to cut the wood into multiple pieces.

My cousin told me that he saw a Porsche today.

Ruler

Who is the first Mughal ruler?

The maths teacher taught the students how to use a ruler to measure and draw lines.

Rose

My mom gave me a bunch of orange roses for my birthday.

His friend rose to the occasion and helped them out.

Bark

I used the bark of the pine tree to make some interior decor for our house.

Nobody knew why the dog kept barking even after the owner gave him food.

Fall

The colours brown and yellow represent the fall season.

She was about to fall down.

Ship

My children were so excited to witness two ships crossing at the same time.

The dealers informed me that the orders that have been placed already will be shipped within a day or two.

Park

There is a children’s park in our area.

My cousin has become an expert now. She parks the car without any sort of confusion.

Spring

Spring is my favourite season.

Tim will spring up in excitement when he hears of your victory.

File

Do you have a file to carry all your original certificates?

You have to file it if you want it to be safe.

Wave

My son was excited to see the waves.

My pet dog waved his hand the moment he saw my mom.

Well

There is a very deep well in our old house.

Do you know him well?

I am well.

Trip

When are you going on that Bangalore trip you have been planning for months?

He tripped and fell.

Tie

Mia’s father does not like to wear a tie.

My brother helped me tie my shoelace.

Drink

Would you like to have a drink?

What would you like to drink?

Orange

My nephew likes oranges.

We were asked to wear an orange dress for the party.

Point

What is the point you are trying to make?

The whole point of this meeting was to discuss the future business prospects.

Will you be able to point out what exactly  the problem here is?

Fly

A fly was continuously passing in front of my eyes.

Did you know that peacocks can fly?

Palm

I know her like the palm of my hand.

There is a farm full of palm trees on the way to my home.

Drop

I added a drop of honey to my lemon tea.

She said that she dropped the glass bowl by mistake.

Letter

Jancy wrote a letter to her mom.

She writes the letter ‘S’ beautifully.

Left

Her father has severe pain in his left knee.

We left the hall around 12 p.m.

She jumped to the left instead of jumping to the right side.

Homographs Exercises

Fill in the gaps with correct homographs by choosing the most suitable option from the homographs given below. (bark, book, left, match, sink, bank, rig, band, well, watch)

The boy ____ the match in between due to the injury.

What is the time on your ____?

The ____ of the mango tree is very hard.

Tina has performed ____ in the exam.

My brother gave me a diamond ___.

There was a ____ between KKR and RCB.

Can you please ____ the tickets for me?

SBI is the largest ____ in India.

Please keep the dishes in the ____.

The Beatles were the most popular ____ of our times.

 


No comments: